Computta App Version 0.86 Released
This is a new app version 086 where we implemented support for the new Equihash algorithm. It’s created specifically to work very well with top range Nvidia GPUs (like 1080Ti or similar) and multiple cards of this type in a «mining rig» setup.
With this algorithm you should see a VERY significant increase in earnings when using top Nvidia GPUs for mining, compared to pre 084 app versions.
Besides that we fixed a number of bugs and created smoother user experience during the installation process.
So you must upgrade ASAP if you want to earn more!
In the app version 0.86 release:
- The app asks now to restart Benchmark if the new app version may potentially increase earnings (this step can be skipped by a user)
- The app working in tray now pops up when you run it from the Windows Start menu or Desktop shortcut
- CPU miner may improve its results on CPUs with 4 and more cores (benchmark restart is needed)
- In rare cases some benchmark step may cause computer hang or reboot. We now track this and ask if the user wants to skip this benchmark step on the next run.
- benchmark time reduced 15%-20%
Bugs Found and Fixed
- fixed ‘White Computta window’ problem. Happened in some cases when connecting via TeamViewer or when running GPU benchmark.
- fixed CryptoNight AMD miner: low and mid-range AMD GPUs can now mine
- fixed app’s autostart problem when installing to a non-default directory
- a number of minor network efficiency and app UI issues
In the app version 0.84 release:
- added Equihash mining algorithm: some NVidia GPUs may significantly increase earnings
- increased benchmark speed and
- automatically stop the running program when uninstalling or upgrading
- fixed CPU zero-earning results on lower-range systems
- added a new Code Signing Certificate: note, for some period Windows may warn about unsafe program when starting a new install
- Chinese locale improvements
Bugs Found and Fixed
- fixed regression of XMR CUDA miner which slowed down on some NVidia GPUs 2x-3x times starting from version 0.80. Benchamrk restart is required
- fixed the issue with broken UI layout on HiDPI monitors
- fixed the problem when right after program start miner sometimes could connect without right username (zombie miner)
- fixed My Devices: when no shares generated by a device its IP was not displayed
- Antivirus block detection improved (when the corresponding dialog with instructions is shown)
The new app version 0.86 is available for download
in your web account immediately.
We suggest everyone download and upgrade to the new version
right away so you don’t miss out!!
The new app version is the ONLY version in your Download section now! Login to your web account, go to your Download Smart Miner section (the first one in the navigation menu) and click on the download icon there, save to your computer where you can easily find it.
To upgrade you need to first EXIT the running version from its FILE menu and then UNINSTALL it from your Windows Start menu. Then just double-click the newly downloaded exe file to start the new install and setup. Once done, you should see v0.85 in the upper right corner of the app screen.
And to clarify, your stats and earnings will not be lost and do not need to be moved over. They are NOT stored in the app itself. So once you login in the new app with your email and password, you will see everything you had in the previous version.
If you have any issues upon installing the new version, please use our helpdesk to contact our tech support.